Monday, May 26, 2008

Go back to where you came from!

As a native New Yorker, I say to the subjects of this New York Times piece.... go back from whence ye came! Stop cheapening my city!! New York does not come with a gift basket of muffin tops and Versace jeans! It comes with rats and bed bugs in the subway.

Most people who have expensive items WORK FOR A LIVING (or at least come from old money, but thats a different discussion for a different type of aggravation).

And no, I do not think that most New Yorkers would decide to prioritize $500 clothing over food, because it's a nonissue (most would have a guy who has a guy who could get them what they need without the need to sacrifice or to pay retail). If you're having problems paying bills, try not living in one of the most expensive places in one of the most expensive cities in the world. I don't feel bad for your attempt at a falsely inflated extravagant lifestyle!

Finally, Duane Reade is not roughing it, and a $60,000 salary does not mean that one is starving oneself!!! Stop indulging yourself and stop being angry at mommy and daddy for not buying you that pony for your farmhouse in Nebraska!!!

"Starting Salaries but New York Tastes" ....ugh even the title makes me sick. I just know that it was not written by a New Yorker (its not sarcastic and loathsome enough)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! I couldn't even get more than a paragraph through that article, and I'm not from New York.

Katharine Albritton said...

"Oh no! I have to wear last season's fashions shipped from Nebraska because I'm pretending to be a real person!"